At Mypro Golf, we live, eat, breathe and sleep all things related to the sport, and our winter camp for junior players is certainly pretty intensive. We believe that’s the best way for participants to gain the most benefit from their time with us, and we make sure they work hard.
However, we also appreciate that downtime is a key element of the overall experience of being away at camp. And we like our young golfers to relax at certain points of the day, so that they don’t get over-tired or lack the energy to focus on the vital playing aspects of the week. That’s why all organised activities are included in the package we offer, and why we aim to provide a properly balanced trip.
Winter golf camp in Quinta do Lago
So, with that firmly in mind, our winter camp in Quinta do Lago in Portugal’s popular Algarve region (in its stunning Golden Triangle area) is a five-star resort offering plenty to do away from its three local and award-winning golf courses:
- The Magnolia Hotel we stay in has an array of gorgeous facilities including a heated salt-water outdoor pool, tennis court and gym, plus a games room.
- The 3km beach at Quinta do Lago is a pristine stretch of white sand called Praia da Quinta do Lago, plus it’s right on the doorstep of the hotel.
- The Campus is a premier multi-sports hub just five minutes away by car. Built with elite athletes in mind, it’s open to Magnolia Hotel guests, and incorporates a high-performance gym, tennis, swimming, cycling and group classes plus personal training and sports rehabilitation.
- If the young golfer in your family (or indeed you yourself if you’re going to be in the area) enjoys a spot of retail therapy, Quinta do Lago also boasts some luxury shopping facilities.
- The nearby Ria Formosa Natural Park, a wetland of global importance, is a mixture of canals, islands, marshes and barrier islands presenting a variety of unique landscapes, encompassing some 170 square kilometres. It’s the perfect place for walking, cycling and generally clearing the head after an intensive golfing session.
- The hotel also has its own cinema, meaning young golfers can unwind and watch a film at the end of the day.
The ideal winter golf camp for juniors
With so much to offer away from the golf course as well as on it, Quinta do Lago is the ideal destination for a winter junior golf camp – and, of course, it also enjoys the perfect climate.
Talk to us today about booking your place, and rest assured it won’t be all golf and no play!